Carlos Agudelo was recently awarded as a recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the Technical Standards Board of SAE International. This award recognizes individuals for outstanding service in the technical committee activities including valuable contributions and unusual leadership, and significant contributions as a SAE representative.
We at Link congratulate Carlos for this well-deserved recognition!
Exerpt from the SAE press release (www.sae.org):
Carlos is currently the Chief Engineer for laboratory testing at Link Engineering Company, in Detroit, Michigan. Carlos joined Link in 2001. He is currently involved in standard and special laboratory testing, as well as developing new standard test methods for wheel-end and foundation brake components. He is active in several brake and wheel committees from SAE, ISO, and other industry consortia like the Brake Standards Association for passenger cars using the BEEP™ program, and the American Public Transportation Association for Transit buses. Carlos obtained his bachelor's degree in Production Engineering from EAFIT University-Colombia (in association with the Aechen and Ruhr University Bochum Universities from Germany); also completed post-graduate studies on project management, and short study courses in technical system design in the UK. His previous experience includes friction material manufacturing and CKD logistics for Renault in his native country, Colombia.
Several presentations at SAE Brake Colloquiums on status and development of different SAE recommended practices and NHTSA best practices for importers SAE papers:
- 2001-01-3120: SAE J2430 Recommended Practice and its Application for Characterizing Aftermarket Brake Friction Material Effectiveness
- 2006-01-3587: Comparative Testing for Aftermarket (Secondary Item) Truck Brake Components by the US Army and Industry Partners
- 2006-01-3191: Evaluation of SAE J840 Lining Shear Test Procedure. Published on SAE journal
- 2010-01-1697: Brake Dynamometer Test Variability - Analysis of Root Causes
- 2011-01-2374: Brake Dynamometer Test Variability Part 2- Description of the Influencing Factors; earning recognition for outstanding technology and innovation development (bronze award) from the Ford Chassis Division for the European Union. Paper also published on SAE 2012 journal
- 2007 TMD award for best presentation on SAE J2784 - FMVSS 135 dynamometer test
- Memberships: SAE and Engineering Society of Detroit